Microbes for Digesting Organic Waste
Why this blend is dramatically better than the blend you are purchasing.
Almost all commerically available bacteria blends only contain a mix of Bacillus. Bacillus is an excellent treatment bacteria, but is best suited for treating fats, oils, greases and proteins. That is why they are primarily used in wastewater treatment plants. The primary constituents of brewery, winery and food processor waste are sugars and carbohydrates in very high concentrations. This makes their waste dramatically different than sewage treatment plants. The best bacteria for breaking down sugars and carbs are Pseudomonas. Pseudomonas will act very quickly on them and will reduce BOD levels far more quickly. The blend ClearBlu offers contains multiple strains of Bacillus as well as two proven strains of Pseudomonas: Pseudomonas fluorescens and Pseudomonas putida. Both have additional important benefits. Fluorescens will grow in water temperatures as low as 5 degrees C which makes it far more beneficial than Bacillus in treatment ponds during winter months. Putida has the added benefit of converting nitrates to nitrites. For all new and renewed discharge permits many State agencies are now requiring limits for nitrates as they have become a significant contributor to groundwater contamination. Putida, in addition to it's work on carbohydrates, will aerobically convert nitrates to nitrites which can be readily consumed by plants.
ClearBlu distributes premium quality microbes developed and produced by a premier certified laboratory. Microbes come in a freeze dried state. They can be added to waste streams in this form, but through years of experience we have found that adding them as a liquid produces a much better result.
- The microbes must be hydrated before they become active and this can take several days. Pre-hydrated microbes begin generating almost immediately.
- Using hydrated microbes allows plants and systems to receive an even, steady flow of microbes. Instead of weekly doses, microbes can be dosed in hourly. This provides a much more even digestion rate and helps accommodate shocks such a rapid changes in pH.
- Hydrated microbes can more easily withstand shock. Warm water, cold water, water high in BOD, water that is low or high in pH can kill off a significant percentage of the population. These problems are mitigated with hydrated microbes.
Hydrated microbes have an effective shelf life. After 90 days the population diminishes rapidly. ClearBlu employs five methods to retain a robust population:
- Microbes are blended fresh each week.
- A small amount of preservative is used.
- Microbes are mixed with a food source.
- A natural food coloring is added for UV protection.
- Liquid microbes are shipped in opaque colored containers.
Our results speak for themselves. Try ClearBlu microbes and you will be impressed with the results. Call today for current pricing or email email@example.com.
A spore mixture of six patented Pseudomonas and Bacillus bacteria. Each strain produces multiple enzymes resulting in an extremely powerful biological treatment product.
This blend is designed for use in wastewater treatment systems including municipal sewage plants, food processing wastewater and livestock manure ponds and lagoons, or areas where large volumes of waste require treatment. Microbe dosing is calculated to meet the specific needs of each facility.
This is an extremely concentrated blend of freeze dried microbes on wheat bran. This is a broad spectrum blend. The concentration is 1.0x10 to the 9th per gram, or 1,000,000,000 CFUs (colony forming units) per gram. The blend contains both bacillus and pseudomonas which makes it excellent for digesting organic waste (food processors, wineries, dairies, manure) as well as hydrocarbons (oils and greases, lubricants, certain herbicides and pesticides). Available in 8 ounce dissolvable packets.
Liquid Microbe Dosing Pump, Digital
Automatic dosing of microbes ensures a healthy and robust population. This is a digital, programmable metering pump that will do low volume. It is perfect for metering liquid microbes from a drum into a lagoon, tank, or biodigester.
Selected Characteristics Of Bacterial Species
(PDF, 107 k)